Thursday, May 21, 2009

Collin County tax rolls shrink with economy

By ED HOUSEWRIGHT / The Dallas Morning News

High-flying Collin County has been grounded.

Property values here, which have surged throughout the decade, are now flattening or declining, according to appraisal records.

Countywide, taxable values have dropped slightly less than 1 percent, but some cities and school districts have seen larger dips. As a result, they may have to cut spending, reduce services or raise taxes. A county that once seemed immune from downturns has been jolted by the dismal national economy.

Even Frisco, which routinely posted double-digit appraisal increases, has joined its neighbors in the malaise. Its tax base in Collin County dropped from 2008, according to preliminary figures from the Collin Central Appraisal District.

Full Story

1 comment:

Erica Smith said...

Dear,
I want to make 1 guest post in your site, if you permit me. The post contains 350 words above and it is totally unique as it is written by my content writers.

Please contact me at ericasmith568(at)gmail.com soon. Moreover, I will place your link in one of my finance sites.

regards,
Erica Smith